Wow, it’s a busy week for digital boardgame news!
First Through the Ages, and now Viticulture news!
Yes, Digidiced (developers of many great digital apps such as Castles of Burgundy, Patchwork, etc) have announced that they are doing the digital adaptation of the Stonemaier class game Viticulture, the worker placement wine-making game designed by Jamey Stegmaier, Morton Pedersen, and Alan Stone.
I haven’t played this game in 3 years, but it’s not because I don’t like it. It’s just that every time it has come out, I’ve already been involved with something else.
To have it on my iPad will be heavenly!
I’m already tired (another news post is coming in an hour!), so let’s blurb this puppy from the Digidiced web page.
• 1 to 6 players
• Play in single-player with challenging computer opponents, against your friends in local multiplayer, or face players from all over the world in online mode!
• Learn the rules with our Interactive tutorial or even watch games of the top players on your device!
• Take your time in asynchronous game mode with push notifications and never miss a turn.
• Family friendly – non violent theme
• Easy interactive tutorial to learn the game from scratch
• Analyze your best games or learn tricks from the best with playback
• 3 different computer opponents
• uses the newest rules of the board game
Asynchronous online multiplayer play is a must, but Digidiced has already proven that they’re good at that so I have no doubt that it will be done right.
I am so excited about this one.
It’s going to be released on Android, iOS, and Steam, at least for now.
Since everybody’s going to the Switch nowadays, is that in the future?
More news as it comes, but since they didn’t release any pictures, here’s an old one of one of the games I played.
Are you a Viticulture fan? Looking forward to this?
Let me know in the comments.